Plantar Fasciitis Specialist in Elgin, IL
Plantar Fasciitis Specialist Can Help You Recover From Plantar Fasciitis! Visit Advanced Foot And Ankle Specialists For The Treatment! Call Us For More Information.
Dealing with plantar fasciitis can be very difficult. The pain can affect every movement and action you make, but we can almost certainly help here at Advanced Foot and Ankle Specialists. We have a plantar fasciitis specialist in Elgin IL who can treat the condition and speed up your recovery. Contact us today to learn more.
Why do people get plantar fasciitis?
While walking, your foot’s plantar fascia supports the arches of your feet and absorbs shock. Sometimes stress or tension can become excessive and cause the fascia to stretch and tear a bit or repeatedly, which can irritate and inflame the fascia, and this may be what causes plantar fasciitis. It’s not always clear what causes the condition, but there could be different factors involved like:
- Age – It’s more common for people aged 40 to 60 to get the condition
- Weight – Excessive body weight can put excessive stress on the plantar fascia
- Repetitive and excessive use of the feet – Such as working on the feet regularly, like in a factory job or teaching job
- Certain exercises – Like running or aerobic dance which can put too much stress on the heels and the attached tissue, potentially contributing to the onset of plantar fasciitis
- Foot mechanics – High arches, flat feet, or abnormal walking can put too much stress on the plantar fascia
How long does it take for plantar fasciitis to go away?
Plantar fasciitis should be addressed by a professional, and this can speed up recovery time. If you ignore the condition, it may lead to chronic heel pain that will last indefinitely, affecting your everyday activities for the rest of your life. Trying to treat the condition by yourself, like by trying to walk differently, can lead to foot, knee, hip, or even back complications.
Quite often, plantar fasciitis can be treated easily and conservatively and will go away within several months. Some examples of simple, conservative treatment include resting, icing, and stretching. The problem is that several months is a long time for a person to wait and deal with the pain, so sometimes conservative treatment just isn’t the best option. If you come to Advanced Foot and Ankle Specialists for treatment, we’ll discuss your options for treatment, like pain medication.
What can a foot doctor do for plantar fasciitis?
A foot doctor, or podiatrist, can do a lot to help you with plantar fasciitis and recovery! One of our podiatrists here at Advanced Foot and Ankle Specialists can offer a treatment like:
- Physical therapy to help stretch the plantar fascia and strengthen your lower leg muscles
- A prescription pain/inflammation medication
- Athletic taping which will support the bottom of your foot
- A night splint which will hold the plantar fascia in a certain position to promote stretching
- A custom orthotic that will help distribute pressure more evenly on your foot
- A steroid injection
There may be other options for treatment too, or a combination of treatments that will help you more effectively. Our clinic’s podiatrists can perform surgery when it’s necessary, but we’ll treat you with simpler options first, and one or more of these options will likely work for you!
Do you have a plantar fasciitis specialist in Elgin, IL?
Yes, Advanced Foot and Ankle Specialists has a specialist who can help you if you live in the Elgin area. Our clinic in the area is located at 1750 N Randall Rd #160 Elgin, IL 60123, and you can reach us at (847) 233-1296. Go ahead and call us if you need our services. We’d be happy to see you for a consultation to discuss treatment with you. Alternatively, you can book your consultation with us online. We look forward to speaking with and seeing you soon here at Advanced Foot and Ankle Specialists!