High Arched Foot Specialist in Montclare, IL

Have Pain In Toes, Heel, And Ankles Because Of High Arched Foot? Then Visit Advanced Foot And Ankle. Our High Arched Foot Specialists Can Help You! Call Us For More Information!

High Arched Foot Specialist in Montclare, IL

You might be thinking you have high foot arches if you have pain in your toes, heels, and ankles, and maybe even instability and trouble walking. If you have such issues, you can find relief with us at Advanced Foot and Ankle Specialists, and your treatment might be as simple as shoe inserts or physical therapy. Contact us at our clinic today if you think you have high arches and believe you’d benefit from the services of a high arched foot specialist in Montclare, IL.

Do I need arch support if I have high arches?

A person with high arches has excessive and fixed flexion of the arches of their feet. This puts a lot of pressure and stress on the heels, the balls of the feet, the toes, and the ankles, resulting in pain and possibly instability. There’s also an increased risk of spraining an ankle or getting a fracture. These issues can be pretty significant, so if you suspect you may have high arches, you should see a professional about it, like one of our professionals here at Advanced Foot and Ankle Specialists.

It could be that all you need is arch support for your case of high arches. This support can be provided with custom-made orthotic devices that just slip into a patient’s shoes. These devices provide arch support but also correct the positioning of the feet, cushion the feet, and improve stability, all allowing the patient to walk better, function better in general, and go about their lives without significant pain.

In some cases, ankle braces will help stabilize a patient’s wobbly ankles and prevent the outward rolling of the feet, and in other cases, the stretching and strengthening techniques in physical therapy will help improve tendon flexibility and muscle tone. One of more of the treatments we’ve mentioned will likely work for you.

What kind of shoes should you wear if you have high arches?

Generally, shoes that provide arch support, like sneakers, are good for high arches. Shoes with thick and flexible soles, full or tapered heels, a wider toe box, low heels, and laces you can loosen easily will work for most patients. At Advanced Foot and Ankle Specialists, we can provide any of the treatments we’ve mentioned and recommend particular kinds of shoes or custom orthotic shoes for you to wear. Also, when necessary, we can provide corrective surgical procedures.

Can high arches be corrected?

The treatments we’ve mentioned work in most cases of high arches, but in other cases, like ones in which pain is extreme and affecting everyday life, surgery may be best. There are different surgical procedures that work in different cases. Our specialists at Advanced Foot and Ankle Specialists can provide surgery when necessary, but we will always try conservative treatment first. You can be confident that conservative treatment will work for you if your symptoms aren’t severe. Come see us for a simple consultation to learn more.

Where can I find a high arched foot specialist in Montclare, IL?

You can find a high arched foot specialist here at Advanced Foot and Ankle Specialists! We’re located near you at 3115 N Harlem Ave #200 Chicago, IL 60634. Call our clinic today at (773) 673-9898 or book an appointment with us online if you believe you need our services. We’ll help you manage or correct your high arches so you can walk, play, and live pain-free and without difficulty. Connect with us today to get started on this new path.

We look forward to helping you with your mobility here at Advanced Foot and Ankle Specialists!