COVID-19 message for Advanced Foot and Ankle Specialists
Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialists continues to actively monitor the COVID-19 outbreak and the health and safety of our patients and employees remains our top priority. All offices remain open during our regular business hours. This page will be updated regularly to reflect any changes as they may occur.
At this time, we continue to see patients while following all CDC recommendations to help prevent exposure and spread of the virus. Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialists recognizes the crucial need for us to all do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19 and practice social distancing.
With this balance in mind and with an abundance of caution for our patients, communities, and employees, we have implemented the following policies effective as of March 18:
- Patients will be scheduled with enough time between appointments to limit the number of people in each facility at one time as well as increased cleaning and sanitation protocol for treatment rooms.
- Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialists will continue to pre-screen patients, including measuring temperatures and questionnaires, before an appointment takes place.
- Patients will be limited to one individual guest and they must be necessary for assistance during the office visit. Guests that are non-essential for the office visit will be asked to wait outside of the Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialists office.
- To prevent congregation within waiting rooms, patients will be asked to call the office upon arrival while continuing to wait in their vehicle. Patients will be called when it is their turn to come into the office and will be immediately taken to a treatment room.
- Disinfecting and cleaning of all surfaces throughout the clinic and waiting areas is performed throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizers have been placed throughout the facilities and patients and staff are requested to use them frequently.
In addition, if you have recently traveled to, or been in close contact with someone who has traveled to one of the high-risk areas as defined here; and have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath – please contact us to reschedule your upcoming appointment or surgery. There is no fee or penalty for rescheduling, even on the day of appointment. If you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19, the CDC recommends you contact your primary health care provider.
Most importantly, please protect yourself by washing your hands frequently with soap and water, covering your mouth when coughing or sneezing, and avoiding close contact with anyone who has a fever or cough.
Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialists has been part of the greater Chicagoland community for more than a decade, and we are grateful for the understanding of our patients and for our hospital partners who are on the front lines of this global pandemic.
For additional information about COVID-19, please read the up-to-date news from the CDC please read the up-to-date news from the CDC.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is it safe to keep my scheduled appointment?
Yes. Unless you have been contacted by us to reschedule, advised by your primary care physician to avoid leaving your home for non-vital reasons, have recently traveled to a Level 3 region, have been in contact (closer than 6 feet) with someone confirmed as COVID-19 infected or a carrier, or are exhibiting symptoms yourself our physicians and therapists are seeing patients as scheduled. However, each person should adapt the precautions they are most comfortable with and we understand and will respect your wishes if you prefer to reschedule your appointment.
Are there any changes to Advanced Foot And Ankle Specialists operating hours?
No. At this time all locations are maintaining regular business hours.