COVID-19 message for Advanced Foot and Ankle Specialists
Have a Smart Phone or Computer? Telehealth virtual visits are now available!
Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialists is excited to now offer telehealth virtual visits for many types of follow-up care for existing patients.
Your telehealth virtual visit will be conducted with your AFAAS health care provider from your computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone that has an enabled camera, microphone, Internet connection and access to your email.
Telehealth virtual visits are HIPAA-compliant and covered by most insurance plans.
Please contact Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialists at (847) 468-1994 for further information and to schedule your virtual visit.
Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialists continues to actively monitor the COVID-19 outbreak and the health and safety of our patients and employees remains our top priority. All offices remain open during our regular business hours. This page will be updated regularly to reflect any changes as they may occur.
At this time, we are continuing to see patients with urgent and acute foot and ankle issues and follow up care while following all CDC recommendations to help prevent exposure and spread of the virus. Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialists recognizes the crucial need for us to all do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19 and practice social distancing. However, as a medical practice, we also owe a duty to our patients and communities, particularly in the face of a global healthcare crisis. Our goal remains to reduce the burden placed on Hospitals and Emergency Rooms by continuing to address foot and ankle issues that can be adequately dealt with in the outpatient setting.
With this balance in mind and with an abundance of caution for our patients, communities, and employees, we have implemented the following new policies effective as of March 18:
- All elective surgeries will be postponed and rescheduled
- Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialists locations will continue to see patients who need time-sensitive urgent or acute foot and ankle care and follow up visits. This includes patients with acute injuries, fractures, traumas, ulcers/wounds, infections and patients with rapidly deteriorating symptoms. It also includes patients in early stages of post-operative care.
- Patients will be scheduled with enough time between appointments to limit the number of people in each facility at one time as well as increased cleaning and sanitation protocol for treatment rooms.
- Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialists will continue to pre-screen patients, including measuring temperatures and questionnaires, before an appointment takes place.
- Patients will be limited to one individual guest and they must be necessary for assistance during the office visit. Guests that are non-essential for the office visit will be asked to wait outside of the Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialists office.
- To prevent congregation within waiting rooms, patients will be asked to call the office upon arrival while continuing to wait in their vehicle. Patients will be called when it is their turn to come into the office and will be immediately taken to a treatment room.
In addition, if you have recently traveled to, or been in close contact with someone who has traveled to one of the high-risk areas as defined here; and have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath – please contact us to reschedule your upcoming appointment or surgery. There is no fee or penalty for rescheduling, even on the day of appointment. If you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19, the CDC recommends you contact your primary health care provider.
Most importantly, please protect yourself by washing your hands frequently with soap and water, covering your mouth when coughing or sneezing, and avoiding close contact with anyone who has a fever or cough.
Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialists has been part of the greater Chicagoland community for more than a decade, and we are grateful for the understanding of our patients and for our hospital partners who are on the front lines of this global pandemic.
For additional information about COVID-19, please read the up-to-date news from the CDC please read the up-to-date news from the CDC.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is it safe to keep my scheduled appointment?
Yes. Unless you have been contacted by us to reschedule, advised by your primary care physician to avoid leaving your home for non-vital reasons, have recently traveled to a Level 3 region, have been in contact (closer than 6 feet) with someone confirmed as COVID-19 infected or a carrier, or are exhibiting symptoms yourself our physicians and therapists are seeing patients as scheduled. However, each person should adapt the precautions they are most comfortable with and we understand and will respect your wishes if you prefer to reschedule your appointment.
Are there any changes to Advanced Foot And Ankle Specialists operating hours?
No. At this time all locations are maintaining regular business hours.