Posts for tag: Burning Feet
Athlete’s foot can be a troublesome condition to deal with. Often over the counter treatments are used, but keep in mind there are also natural home remedies that can work. Applying apple cider vinegar or tea tree oil directly on the affected area can help ease some of the irritation with the condition, for example.
There are many natural liquid solutions that can be concocted to treat Athlete’s Foot. For example, one solution that consists of part white vinegar and warm water can work. Another solution made of garlic paste mixed with water is also effective. Neem leaves boiled in water for ten minutes is yet solution available to the holistic patient.
Athlete’s foot can be treated with either prescription drugs or natural remedies like those aforementioned. Consult with podiatrist Gary F. Ochwat, DPM of Advanced Foot And Ankle Specialists. Dr. Ochwat can attend to all of your foot and ankle needs.
Athlete’s Foot: The Sole Story
If you suffer from itching, burning, dry, and flaking feet, this may be a sign of athlete's foot. Athlete's foot, also known as tinea pedis, can be extremely contagious, and it often infects shower floors, gyms, socks and shoes, and anywhere else feet may come in contact with. It is commonly found in public changing areas and bathrooms, dormitory style living quarters, around locker rooms and public swimming pools.
Solutions to Combat Athlete’s Foot
- Hydrate your feet by using lotion
- Buff off nails
- Use of anti-fungal product
- Examine feet and visit your doctor if any suspicious blisters or cuts are present.
What is Tinea?
- Athlete’s foot is often caused by the same fungus that causes ringworm (tinea).
- Tinea can invade other parts of the body as well, if the proper thriving conditions for it are met.
- Tinea thrives in mostly dark, warm and moist environments.
- Although many people never experience athlete’s foot, around 70% of the population may suffer from tinea at some point.
For more information about Athlete’s Foot, follow the link below.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact one of our offices located in Hoffman Estates, Elgin, Crystal Lake, and Huntley, Illinois. We offer the newest diagnostic and treatment technologies for all your foot care needs.
Read more about Athlete’s Foot