Posts for: January, 2019
How your podiatrists in Schaumburg, Chicago, Elgin, Crystal Lake, and Huntley, IL, can help with bunion pain
Are you dealing with annoying bunions? If so, you are probably having difficulty putting on your shoes, experiencing trouble when walking or standing, and may be experiencing recurring foot pain on top of it all. However, when bunions start to disrupt your life, you can turn to your local podiatrist for help! The foot doctors at Advanced Foot And Ankle Specialists can help you and your feet feel better when you visit one of our office locations in Schaumburg, Chicago, Elgin, Crystal Lake, and Huntley, Illinois!
More about Bunions
So, how do you know if you have a bunion? It will show up as a hard, bony bump next to your big toe. It may be painful, especially when you wear shoes and put weight on your foot. You are also more likely to get a bunion if you wear tight, narrow shoes or high heels. Narrow shoes cause your toes to crush together, and your big toe will rub against the inside of your shoe, causing a bunion.
If you have a small, nonpainful bunion, you can try a few simple home therapies like these:
- Icing the bunion for 15 minutes several times during the day
- Taping the bunion to add support and cushioning
- Wearing padding or inserts in your shoes
- Changing to wider shoes
- Taking over-the-counter pain and anti-inflammatory medications
Large bunions, on the other hand, should be treated by your podiatrist. At Advanced Foot And Ankle Specialists, our foot doctors offer several effective treatments to get rid of your bunion. They may suggest:
- Custom-fit orthotics and footwear to support and realign your foot
- Exercises to increase and maintain joint mobility
- Removing calluses or corns to reduce friction
- Night splints to help realign your toe and foot
- Surgical therapy for severe bunion cases
Give us a Call!
If you are suffering from bunion pain, you and your feet can feel better. All it takes is a simple phone call to the podiatrists at Advanced Foot And Ankle Specialists! Contact one of our offices today:
- 847-468-1994 for Elgin
- 815-356-0500 for Crystal Lake
- 847-352-0200 for Schaumburg
- 815-356-0500 for Huntley
- 773-836-9900 for Chicago