Achilles Tendonitis Specialist

Achilles Tendonitis Specialist in Montclare, IL

Now Manage Your Pain And Everything That Is Related With Achilles Tendonitis With The Help Of Achilles Tendonitis Specialists That Are A Part Of Advanced Foot And Ankle Specialists. Call Us For More Information!

Achilles Tendonitis Specialist in Montclare, IL
Achilles Tendonitis Specialist in Montclare, IL

In most cases, Achilles tendonitis can be handled easily by a specialist, and we have one for you here at Advanced Foot and Ankle Specialists. We can help you manage your pain, recover quickly, and even prevent future injuries, or if you require a surgical procedure for a severe case, we can provide that instead. Contact our clinic today for any of the services of an achilles tendonitis specialist in Montclare, IL.

When should I see a doctor for Achilles tendon pain?

The pain is caused by the overuse of the band of tissue that connects calf muscles at the back of the lower leg to the heel bone. Someone experiencing this pain or the symptoms of Achilles tendonitis should consider seeing a doctor about it, as a doctor can help treat the issue, speed up recovery, and help the person get back to their everyday activities.

The main symptom of Achilles tendonitis is a mild ache in the back of the leg or above the heel that tends to occur after running or playing sports for a long time. Some people may also experience tenderness of stiffness in the morning or later in the day that can be improved with mild activity. Other people may experience more severe pain that occurs after stair climbing or prolonged running.

It’s definitely a good idea to see a doctor if you experience serious or persistent pain around the Achilles tendon. If the pain or disability you experience is severe, you may need immediate medical attention. In most cases, pain or Achilles tendonitis can be treated with self-care under a doctor’s supervision, and self-care may be necessary to prevent recurring issues.

What kind of doctor should I see for Achilles pain?

You could go see your primary care physician about the pain or Achilles tendonitis, but they may refer you to a specialist anyways. And since a referral isn’t necessary for you to see a specialist, you could skip the referral and just come see a specialist right away. Advanced Foot and Ankle Specialists has the kind of specialist you should see: a podiatrist.

A podiatrist is a specialist in diseases and disorders of the lower extremities of the body, like the feet and the Achilles tendon, so the podiatrist is especially capable of helping with Achilles pain and Achilles tendonitis. In most cases, a podiatrist will be able to treat the issue with simple, conservative treatment, but in other cases, surgery may be necessary, and a podiatrist can provide it.

What is the fastest way to heal Achilles tendonitis?

Surgery might be necessary if the Achilles tendon has ruptured or if conservative treatment fails, but most of the time, conservative treatment will work. Self care with rest, elevation, icing, and compression can help relieve symptoms, but this is most effective when it’s done under the supervision of a professional.

It may be that supervised self care is enough to treat your case of Achilles tendonitis, but if your symptoms are severe or persistent, over-the-counter or prescription pain medication will provide pain relief and inflammation reduction. Physical therapy can help as well by promoting healing, strengthening the Achilles tendon and its supporting structures, and even preventing injury in the future. In some cases, an orthotic device, like a shoe insert, can be used to relieve strain on the tendon and cushion it. We at Advanced Foot and Ankle Specialists are able to provide any or all of those services if you need them.

How can I see an Achilles tendonitis specialist in Montclare, IL?

You can come see one here at Advanced Foot and Ankle Specialists! We have a specialist near you who’s able to treat Achilles pain or Achilles tendonitis. You’ll find a specialist at our Chicago location at 3115 N Harlem Ave #200 Chicago, IL 60634. Give us a call today at (773) 673-9898 or book an appointment with us online if you believe as we do that you’d benefit from our services. We’ll help you recover quickly and effectively so you can get back to life as normal.

We look forward to helping you soon here at Advanced Foot and Ankle Specialists!


Our Locations

Elgin, IL

Schaumburg, IL

Huntley, IL

  • 10370 Haligus Rd #109, Huntley, IL 60142, USA
  • View Details

Chicago, IL

Directions to Nearest Location